🌱 A friendly toast helps Ukraine + Graham Design Award + Balsams Road
Hello Bedford! Let’s start today with everything you need to know in Bedford.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A partly cloudy day, with winds gradually easing. High: 51 Low: 39.
Congratulations to our main local sponsors:
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through small business consulting and coaching services. Whether you run a family business, a medical or legal practice, or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a large selection of high-quality pet food and supplies, a full-service grooming salon, self-service pet wash, pet boarding and even a dog bakery!?! Pet Friendly on Colby Ct. is a local, family-run business – and their passion is your pets. Meet up with your furry friend today or learn more here.
- Looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience connecting buyers and sellers of luxury properties in southern New Hampshire. With over 1000 homes sold and over 150 5 star customer reviews, Marianna consistently delivers results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at email@example.com.
Click here to feature your business in this spot.
Here are today’s top Bedford stories:
- A cry to Kacey Graham of Boehm Graham Interior Design of Bedford. Kacey was named top interior designer for a Bedford project at New Hampshire Home’s Best Residential Designs of the Year for 2022. A reception was held on Wednesday April 20 at LaBelle Winery in Derry. Erica Thoitseditor of New Hampshire Home said they were impressed by the creative talent of New Hampshire designers, builders and architects. (The daily sun of Laconia)
- North Country Legislators and Balsams Resort advocates urge House Finance Committee to finance the national road upgrade between the former Balsams Resort and Golf Course, Representative John Graham, R-Bedfordthe chairman of the House Public Works and Highways Committee, said the $4.1 million road improvement is not part of the state’s ten-year road improvement plan. The redevelopment of the once-popular luxury resort by Les Otten is now close to finalizing funding which had been delayed. (InDepthNH.org)
- The friendly toast will donate $100o to the The business journal) an organization providing hot meals to Ukrainianss that have been moved from their homes by the Russian invasion. The breakfast and lunch restaurant, which has eight locations from Vermont and New Hampshire to Massachusetts, will also donate $2 for every seasonal special sold. the Friendly toast in Bedford The restaurant is on Market and Main, next to Whole Foods Market and Trader Joe’s. (
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Doing spring cleaning chores? Why not also refresh your home security. Secure windows, doors and more with up to $80 off select Pro Alarm Kits. Don’t wait, deals end 5/1 at 9:00 PM PST.
Today in Bedford:
- Craftsmen’s Guild Annual Spring Fair. (10am)
- Family Fun Pick-Your-Project Workshop. (6 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Who is Hiring in Bedford and Area: New jobs this week. (Bedford crest)
- Events in the Bedford area: See what’s coming this week. (Bedford crest)
- Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains: “We are looking for presenters for Farnsworth Weekend!” (Facebook)
- Bedford Athletic Club: “The little kid’s winter futsal training was a huge success! Thanks to the dedicated players, parents and coaches.” (Facebook)
- Bedford NH Public Library: “Pixies and Pirates Party! Put on your pixie wings and pirate hats and join us on the library lawn on Saturday, May 14 at 10:30 a.m. Click the link in bio to register.” (Facebook)
- Brian Nolen, neighboring post: “Longtime Bedford resident John Fitzgerald and I are gearing up for our 2nd 3-week private humanitarian mission to the Polish-Ukrainian border. We’ve launched our 2nd GoFundMe page…” (Patch)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Bedford 4 Ukraine – DIRECT GIVING! (April 30)
- CMC Retirement Seminar. (May 3)
- OPEN HOUSE: The Harkness House, new private college in Nashua. (May 5)
- April showers bring May Craft & Artisan Show flowers. (May 7)
- Hire a pro to tackle mom’s to-do list. (May 8)
- Add your event
Do you like the Bedford Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Thanks for following and staying informed! I will see you again soon.
— Paula Constance
About me: I am a freelance writer, author and media producer. I am engaged in media projects that empower, engage and help make the world a better place.