🌱 Optional Madison County Schools Masks + I-65 Fatality
Happy Wednesday, Huntsville! Let’s start this day. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in Huntsville today, including:
- Athens mayor attempts to resolve utility payment issues
- Madison County schools switch to masks as an option
- Fatal crash on I-65 near River Bridge yesterday
First, today’s weather forecast:
Soft with clouds and sunshine. High: 65 Low: 57.
Congratulations to our main local sponsors:
- Martinson & Beason, PC provided trusted legal advice in Huntsville since 1937. Provide peace of mind to your loved ones with a comprehensive estate plan. Click here for more information.
- Women4Women OBGYN is the most unique in Huntsville women’s health center. They provide comprehensive medical care for women, by women. Visit them here to learn more.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to start.
Here are the top stories in Huntsville today:
- Mayor Marks of Athens trying to find solutions to problems with late payment for utilities whether they are mailed on time or banks are sending checks mailing has been a bit slow and many are being charged late fees even s they do what they can. The mayor said if you encounter these issues they are working to resolve them, but you should contact them via email at email@example.com and not on Facebook. (WAFF)
- Several agencies have been notified of the threats Priceville Junior High February 8 around 8 p.m. The threats were found to lack credibility and began the Snapchat. (Researcher Hartselle)
- Madison County Schools switches to optional masks. Their positivity rate must remain below 0.5% for five school days and they are currently sitting at 0.2%. Masks are still mandatory on school buses. (WAFF)
- A pedestrian was tragically struck and killed in an accident involving an 18-wheeler south of the River Bridge over I-65 yesterday. The crash has caused significant travel delays, but no further information is available at this time. (AL.com)
- Union Chapel Missionary Baptist Church in Huntsville will distribute packed lunches during the weekend. The boxes will be free (WHNT)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Huntsville Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t pay too much. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- Make sure if you’re planning a garage sale in Decatur while you’re spring cleaning that you apply for a permit! (Details)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Huntsville Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re all caught up for today. See you tomorrow morning for another update!