🌱 Port Jefferson Daily: Five Ways to Wellness + BOE Workshop
Happy Wednesday neighbours! Let’s keep up to date with what’s happening locally to start today on an informed note.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Sun mingling with clouds. High: 45, low: 40.
Here are today’s top 5 stories in Port Jefferson:
- See you on March 9 at 6 p.m. for an evening dedicated to the management of pain, anxiety and insomnia at The Space in Port Jefferson. The Five Ways to Wellness event will be a fun evening of interactive acupuncture, yoga, reiki, appetizers and wine! The event is free and the space is located at 234 Travelers Cove, Port Jefferson. (PJCofC)
- DME Construction Associates Inc., in Setauket, faces more than $1 million in fines after an investigation into the death of a worker. According to reports, the roofing company was investigated last year and the company failed to provide fall protection. (Newsday/Subscription required)
- The Port Jefferson Library will host an Empowerment and Enlightenment/Financial, Legal and Real Estate class. The class is scheduled for March 9 at 7 p.m. Jaclyn Kramer, Sharlene Jamison, and Raquel Fernandez will teach estate planning, new finance laws, and more. The library is located at 100 Thompson St, Port Jefferson. Click here to join. (PJCofC)
- News nearby: The city of Brookhaven is completing plans to build a Blue Point park with walking trails on the site of a laundry business that closed more than two decades ago. The plan was approved on February 17 by the city council and at the meeting an agreement was signed in which Suffolk County will pay $1.4 million to fund construction. (Newsday/Subscription required)
- Looking for a pet to be part of the family? Patch has you covered! Click on the link to see pets for adoption in the Port Jefferson area. (Port Jefferson patch)
Today’s Port Jefferson Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t pay too much. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- “A man was struck and killed by a vehicle in Islandia on Monday night closing two nearby exits on the Long Island Freeway which remained closed until hours later, Suffolk Police said.. The victim’s name, age and hometown were not immediately available. Police say the man was hit around 7:15 p.m. near exit 58 westbound and pronounced dead at the scene. Police did not immediately provide information about the vehicle or the approximate location where it hit the victim. Westbound exits 57 and 58 were closed until about 11:30 p.m., police said.Newsday/Subscription required)
- Suffolk County Government: Coronavirus case update for February 26. (Press Release Office)
- Local jobs: Find out who’s hiring in the Port Jefferson area. (Port Jefferson patch)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Port Jefferson Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Please follow and stay informed. See you soon!
— Debora WhiteHead