Embrace Pet Insurance Reveals How Your Pet Could Say “I Love You” This Valentine’s Day | national news
CLEVELAND, January 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Love is on our minds as we prepare for Valentine’s Day, and pet owners may be wondering, “How do I know if my pet loves me?” dr. Jacqueline Bristerveterinarian and consultant at Embrace Pet Insurance, one of the top dog and cat health insurance providers in the United States, shares the answer.
“Love is quite a complex emotion. Many believe that dogs and cats can experience feelings and emotions similar to humans, but probably with less complexity and depth,” says Dr. Brister. “While we can’t prove that dogs and cats love us, they do show their affection in many ways, which at the very least tells us that they accept us as part of their social circle and family. “
How Dogs Show Their Affection
Dogs are affectionate creatures. Below are some common ways dogs might say “I love you” to their humans:
- Greeting: Dogs typically express their excitement by wagging their tails, vocalizing, and hopping when they see their owners.
- Tail wagging: When a dog is relaxed or excited, a wagging tail is usually a sign of affection.
- Spending time with pet owners: Dogs tend to prefer company, so if they consider someone part of their social group or family, they will seek them out to spend some quality time with.
How Cats Show Their Affection
Cats don’t always show affection and appreciation like people are used to seeing. Instead of wagging its tail or bringing a toss to its companion, a cat is more likely to do the following to show affection:
- Rubbing and Headbutting: Using a scent gland on their cheek, cats mark the person and communicate that the person is part of their family.
- Purr: This indicates that the cat is comfortable enough with someone to relax.
- Showing her belly: This action shows that the cat feels safe from threats and considers the person a safe companion.
- Relaxed eyes: Slow blinks, squints, and peaceful expressions indicate the cat is relaxed and enjoys company.
- Whirling or coiled tail: If a cat’s tail wobbles or swells, it may be anxious. A tail that rustles softly or is wrapped around a person’s leg means that the cat feels friendly and affectionate.
Pet Valentine’s Day Gifts to Give
Now you know how your pet shows affection…so you might be wondering, “How can I show my pet how much I love them?”
- Player: Playtime is a great way to show love for a pet. Owners should take the time to determine what type of play a cat or dog enjoys.
- Pet Safe Gifts: Make sure any gifts you buy are safe for animals.
- Do not give pets chew toys that could choke them.
- Avoid gifts that have long strings or lots of stuffing. Pets can be destructive with their toys and may chew on pieces and swallow them.
- Treats should be formulated for pets by a reputable company. Avoid giving them “food for people”.
For more information about Embrace Pet Insurance, please visit
About Embrace Pet Insurance
Embrace Pet Insurance, part of NSM Insurance Group, is one of the top dog and cat health insurance providers in United States. Embrace offers a simple yet comprehensive accident and health insurance plan. In addition to insurance, Embrace offers Wellness Rewards, an industry-unique non-insurance optional preventative care product. Wellness Rewards reimburses routine veterinary visits, grooming, vaccinations, training and more, without detailed limitation. Embrace has received numerous accolades for customer and employee satisfaction, including being named the top pet insurance provider on the Forbes list of America’s Best Insurance Companies 2022 and receiving the Great Place to Work™ certification. Embrace is a proud member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association (NAPHIA) and continues to innovate and improve the pet insurance experience for pet owners across the country. For more information about Embrace Pet Insurance, visit EmbracePetInsurance.com or call (800) 660-3817.
View original content for multimedia download: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/embrace-pet-insurance-reveals-how-your-pet-might-be-saying-i-love-you-this -valentines-day-301468893.html
SOURCE Embrace Pet Insurance
Comments are closed.