Latin American Chamber of Commerce honors 2021 award winners
MADISON, Wisconsin (WMTV) – The Wisconsin Latin American Chamber of Commerce honored businesses and organizations that survived the COVID-19 pandemic on Friday evening.
The event hosted over 620 people in 2019 at the Monona Terrace, but the House Board of Directors voted to postpone the event in person until 2022. This year’s event was on a virtual platform interactive.
Latino Chamber President Jessica Cavazos said she was grateful to be able to host the virtual event.
“We are grateful to our sponsors and partners for making this event possible, it is great to revive this event and the many others that we have planned throughout the year, as a sign of a better day in come, and we’re back to business, âCavazos said.
This year’s winners are:
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Nabil Hamdan
- Community Impact Award: Latino Health Council
- Corporate Impact Award: CUNA MUTUAL GROUP
- Community Partner Award: Light House Church and School
- Emprendedor Award: Hector Garcia, Garcia’s Garage
- Emprendedora Prize: Alejandra Bustamante, State Farm
- Tu Empresa (new start-up): Ana Murillo, L’Deep Cleaning
- Innovation Prize: NeuroRepublica
- Business Catalyst Award: Sanchez Paint and Entrepreneurs
- Change Agent Award: Vanessa Ineza (WEDC), Tiffany Kenney (Downtown BID), Juan Carlos Reyes (DOR)
To celebrate Peru’s bicentenary, the chamber presented the gala through its sponsor PROMPERU, which is responsible for promoting Peru’s exports and tourism.
Copyright 2021 WMTV. All rights reserved.