Wild winter weather + Prison issues + Humanitarian society goals
Hello, Charlotte! Let’s start this Tuesday with everything you need to know in town today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
A lot of sun. High: 45 Low: 32.
Here are the best stories today in Charlotte:
- NC inspectors: depopulation necessary due to extremely low staff levels in the “dangerous” prison in Mecklenburg (WBTV)
- North Carolina Redistribution Suit Trial Begins (Charlotte Observer)
- 2 dead as car loses control on wet road, crashes head-on with box truck in Iredell Co. (WBTV)
- Humane Society of Charlotte breaks adoption goal count in 2021 (WBTV)
- Live webcam video shows heavy snowfall in Boone, NC (Charlotte Observer)
Today’s Charlotte Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells – discover their full line of smart home products on Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping to shake up the local news in Charlotte!
- CMPD Animal Care and Control: “RESCUE ONLY Sandy – 2 years old / Woman arrived on 12/29 / A1188173 pregnant.” (Facebook)
- ArtPop Street Gallery: «Meet our new board member, Catherine Noyes! Catherine is the main manager | Project Director at Gresham Smith, a design firm specializing in “solutions for the infrastructure and institutions most essential to life”. . “(Instagram)
- CMPD Animal Care and Control: “Since winter has reasserted itself, we still have straw bales available at 8315 Byrum Dr for pets that cannot get inside. 2 bales per household please.” (Facebook)
- City of Charlotte Government: “If a fallen tree obstructs or completely blocks a street, CALL 911 immediately. Other non-urgent public tree issues can be reported online or through the CLT + mobile app. Learn more about tree safety and see the recent list … “(Facebook)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg District Attorney’s Office: “It’s a new year and a new start for retiring Assistant District Attorney Kevin Minton. ADA Minton served in the United States Marine Corps for 20 years, then joined the attorney’s office. Mecklenburg County District, where he has faith … “(Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like the Charlotte Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are officially in the loop for today! See you soon.
– Cassie Fambro
About me: Originally from Texas, I have spent most of my life in Alabama, but recently moved to Charlotte, NC. I have a keen interest in motorsports, which makes the Carolinas a great place to live. I have a decade of journalism experience graduating from the University of Southern Alabama with Honors in Journalism with a double major in Psychology and a minor in Criminal Justice. I spent about five years of my career in front of a news camera, but I spent years in the print media and even won a few cool awards like an Edward R. Murrow award along the way. I love to cover stories in education, health, government and most of all, stories that directly help people and improve their lives in one way or another. Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my partner Matt and our two cats, Kenly and Gotenks, going to new restaurants, and hanging out on racetracks.